As you likely know, once the UK withdraws from the EU, UK-based registrants will no longer be able to satisfy the .EU eligibility requirements based on their country of residency.
Disclaimer: If EURID still decide to delete your names or if anything else happens as a result of acting upon this text then this is out of our control and we can’t do anything about it.
The timeline of Brexit is still unclear, but if it’s determined that the UK will leave the EU with no deal on November 1, 2019, EURid will begin contacting impacted registrants on October 24th, 2019.
We encourage you to read EURid’s Brexit Notice for full details. Here is a summary of their proposed timeline:
- EURid will email affected registrants to inform them of their upcoming ineligibility, and how they can satisfy the eligibility requirements:
- For organizations, this would involve indicating a legally established entity in one of the eligible EU27 or EEA Member States.
- For individuals, this would involve indicating citizenship in an EU Member State or updating their residence to a physical address located in one of the EU27 or EEA Member States.
- EURid will send a second email to affected registrants to inform them that they no longer meet the eligibility requirements.
- Registrants will no longer be allowed to register domains using a GB or GI country code, unless the registrant is a natural person with citizenship in an EU27 Member State.
- Ineligible .EU domains and related services remain active.
- Registrants can update their domain to satisfy the eligibility requirements or transfer the domain to another eligible registrant.
- Ineligible domains will be locked to prevent:
- Ownership changes to an ineligible registrant
- Explicit renewals
- Auto-renew (ineligible domains will automatically enter Withdrawn status upon expiration)
- .EU domains that no longer meet the requirements will be placed in “Withdrawn” status — they will no longer resolve and any associated services will not function.
- Ineligible domain names will be revoked, and will become available for general registration.
Friday, October 18, 2019
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution